This document has been created in conjunction with the guidelines as provided by Alberta Health Services (AHS) for the COVID-19 Phase 2 Relaunch Strategy. As stated by AHS,
“Alberta Health will continue to assess the epidemiology of COVID-19 in Alberta, published scientific literature on the risks of physical activity & recreation and safety precautions from other jurisdictions that support return to sport, physical activity & recreation. As such, the guidance provided within may be updated as necessary to reflect science and best practices as new information becomes available.”
COR.Fit shall continue to monitor and operate based on the guidelines provided - as such, any procedures and expectations of members & clients can be updated at any time, with expectation of 100% compliance.
Member & Client Expectations
- All members & clients shall be asked to complete the COVID-19 self-screening tool prior to booking a class (Appendix A at the bottom of this page). Any member or client that is exhibiting any symptoms shall not be permitted to enter the facility or participate.
- Members & clients who become symptomatic during an activity are required to be isolated from others and must return home immediately.
- Members & clients shall be asked to register for their class at least 30 minutes prior to start time; after this time, online booking will no longer be available, and you will have to attend another class.
- Members & clients may cancel their class up to 2 hours prior to the start time. A cancellation after this window will result in a late cancellation fee.
- Members & clients who are late shall not be permitted entry, forfeit their class and will incur a no-show fee.
COR.Fit Protocols (Common Areas)
- Members & clients are strongly encouraged to wear a mask prior to the start of and after class.
- Members & clients are expected to maintain a distance of two metres (2m) from one another in common areas as best as possible.
- Physical distancing markers shall be placed in various locations within common areas to assist with adequate distancing.
- Members & clients shall be asked to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start of class and shall not be permitted entry into the building until this time. Waiting in your vehicle is preferred, but a line may form along the windows outside the front entrance.
- Spectators shall not be welcome at this time. If you are dropping off, you shall be asked to wait outside of the gym.
- Members & clients should minimize time spent within COR.Fit and shall be asked to leave within 15 minutes at the end of class.
- Members & clients shall be asked to refrain from touching surfaces during their visit (door handles, counter tops).
- Members & clients shall be asked to arrive ready to workout:
- --Dressed and ready to participate
- --A change of indoor shoes to use within COR.Fit
- --A full water bottle
- --A sweat towel is strongly encouraged
- Members & clients should minimize what they bring inside as no storage area shall be provided (coat racks, couches, lockers)
- The following amenities shall be discontinued until further notice to minimize touch points, prevent gathering & shared contact:
- --Change tents
- --Water cooler
- --Communal chalk
- --Food & Beverage and retail merchandise
- The following amenities shall be made widely available for staff, member and client use:
- --Hand sanitizer
- --Disinfectant spray
- Use of washrooms shall be limited to emergencies only and may not be used as a change space.
- Members & clients shall be asked to make purchases online whenever possible, and via contact-less credit or debit cards if necessary. NO CASH.
COR.Fit Activity Protocols
- Due to the high-intensity nature of COR.Fit classes, a minimum distance of three meters (3m) shall be maintained in all directions.
- Fans shall not be used due to the spread of airflow.
- Members & clients shall not share equipment or weights.
- Members & clients are encouraged to bring their own sweat towels.
- At this time, members & clients are discouraged from celebrations and other customs during activities (handshakes, high fives, fist bumps, chest bumps) that promote contact, but are strongly encouraged to celebrate achievements from afar!
Member Check-In & Traffic Flow
- Members & clients shall be asked to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Members & clients are asked to wait in their car until this time but should a line form outside the door, please maintain physical distancing (2m) while waiting.
- A COR.Fit coach shall prop open the front door to prevent surface contact.
- Members & clients shall be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Members & clients shall be asked to remove their outdoor shoes and change into their indoor shoes.
- At this time, members & clients shall be assigned a lettered/numbered workout space.
- Members & clients shall then be asked to wait in their assigned space prior to the start of class. Personal items may be kept within your designated workout space as storage shall not be available at this time.
- Once the coach and the room are ready, class shall begin.
- Each class participant shall have a designated training area to create appropriate and consistent physical distance, along with designated equipment and designated obstacles to eliminate any physical interaction between participants.
- Members & clients shall be asked to wipe down all equipment in their assigned workout space.
- Members & clients shall be asked to wipe down all obstacles they were assigned during their workout.
- Members & clients shall be asked to use hand sanitizer after wiping down their equipment and obstacles.
- Members & clients shall be asked to put their mask back on once they leave their designated workout area.
- A COR.Fit coach shall prop the door open. Members & clients shall be asked to vacate COR.Fit within 15 minutes after the end of class while maintaining physical distancing from other members and staff.
APPENDIX A - Screening Checklist
Members & clients should use this screening tool prior to booking their class.
If you have answered “YES” to any of the questions, do not participate. Proceed home and use the AHS Online Assessment Tool to determine if testing is recommended.